A Comprehensive Guide to Richfield Township, Ohio: History, Neighborhoods, and Attractions
Table of Contents
Richfield Township, located in Summit County, Ohio, is a community with roots going back to the 19th century. Founded in 1809, the township has evolved from a farming community to a residential area with a blend of suburban and rural settings.
Key Historical Events
- 1809: Richfield Township founded
- 1860s: Introduction of the railroad
- 1950s: Suburban development begins
- 1990s: Expansion of community facilities
The township is home to various neighborhoods, each with its unique features and amenities. From upscale communities to historical districts, Richfield Township offers a wide range of options for residents.
Table of Neighborhoods
|Richfield Center||Historic district with 19th-century homes|
|Fairview Heights||Upscale homes, scenic views|
|Pinecrest||Family-friendly, community parks|
|Green Acres||Farmhouses, large plots|
The township is not short of attractions, catering to a variety of interests.
Parks and Recreation
- Richfield Heritage Preserve: Large park offering hiking and fishing
- Furnace Run Metro Park: Known for its vibrant flora and fauna
- Richfield Historical Society: Museum and archives
- Town Hall Theatre: Community theater for arts and performances
Richfield Township presents a unique blend of suburban and rural life. Here is a snapshot of its statistical profile:
- Population: Approximately 3,650 (as per the 2020 Census)
- Median Household Income: $80,000
- Educational Attainment: 40% of residents hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Median Home Value: $275,000
In conclusion, Richfield Township offers a diverse living experience, rooted in history and complemented by its neighborhoods and attractions. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities or cultural enrichment, this Ohio community has something for everyone.